The road to success is a long and windy one, littered with potholes and speed bumps along the way, but there are some wonderful quotes about success to motivate you every day. On your journey to success you're bound to make a stop at Setback Station and Mistake Motel, but the key is not to stay there too long. Also, success is an interesting concept and can mean different things to different people. For some it's about power, wealth and status whilst for others it's simply about finding inner peace and happiness. Whatever success means to you, here are some quotes about success to stick on your vision board, mirror, notebook or anywhere else visible.
1. "I Have Not Failed. I've Just Found 10,000 Ways That Won't Work." - Thomas Edison
This quote reminds me of the need for perseverance. There are many great successful people in the world who weren't an 'overnight success' but who reached their goals through pure perseverance. After all, J.K Rowling's Harry Potter book was rejected by 12 publishers before it was published. What if she had given up after the tenth rejection? And Walt Disney's first animation studio folded after a month, another example of someone who just bounced higher when they hit the bottom. These are motivational stories in themselves. This is one of the greatest quotes about success which I have on my writing desk to remind me to just keep going.
2. "Success is Not about the Background You're from, It's about the Confidence You Have and the Effort You're Willing to Invest." - Michelle Obama
Having confidence and putting the effort into any task is key and can override factors such as your background. There are many people in history who have succeeded through hard work and determination. Effort and confidence play a key part in achievement.
3. "Success is Peace of Mind Which is a Direct Result of Self-satisfaction in Knowing You Did Your Best to Become the Best That You Are Capable of Becoming." - John Wooden
I think this is an important quote and one thing I tell my students before they go into an exam is 'just do your best.' And when I put my mind to anything, I always say to myself that if it doesn't work, I know I can put my hand on heart and say that I did my best... but perhaps I'll just have to do better next time!
4. "to Be Successful, You Must Decide Exactly What You Want to Accomplish, then Resolve to Pay the Price to Get It." - Bunker Hunt
Knowing what you want to accomplish is also important. If you don't know what you're striving towards then A, you won't know how to get there and B, you may end up somewhere you didn't want to be! Being clear about your goals is therefore important and will set you on the right path to success.
5. "Perseverance is Failing Nineteen Times and Succeeding the Twentieth." - Julie Andrews
This is another great quote which reminds me how important it is to just keep going when it comes to pursuing dreams and ambitions. Whatever it is that you're striving for, never give up because you will get there one day. Keep the faith, guys!
6. "Successful and Unsuccessful People do Not Vary Greatly in Their Abilities. They Vary in Their Desires to Reach Their Potential." - John Maxwell
How much do you really want it? The pursuit of success will inevitably lead to failure if it's approached halfheartedly. Remember that success can also be contagious. If you surround yourself with like-minded, positive people, it can be the real driving force behind your pursuit of those goals.
7. "It is Our Attitude at the Beginning of a Difficult Task Which, More than Anything else, Will Affect Its Successful Outcome." - William James
This is an important quote which reminds me about always trying to have a positive frame of mind when approaching anything. If we approach something from the very beginning with a negative mind-set, then I suppose we're doomed from the start. But if we begin a task by doing our best and thinking we will accomplish it, then success is just that little bit closer.
One thing that is also important to remember is that it doesn't matter whether other people consider you successful, it's whether you consider yourself successful. That's what really matters. These are just a few quotes about success to make you think about your goals and what you need to do to achieve them. What quotes about success do you use to help you achieve your goals and keep you motivated each day? I'd love to hear them.