Our society faces differences between generations that are a part of life that no one seems to accept or acknowledge.
I work a lot with children under 4 years old and I can see how the world they are growing into is different from the one I experienced at their same age.
What's more, I find that while talking with older generations can provide insight and realization, it also highlights differences between generations that I can't ignore.
These are a few of the things I have observed over the years.
1. Social Media
I went to interview for a babysitting job the other day and wasn't surprised to hear the parents talk about making sure their daughter didn't spend her whole time on the computer.
But they did point out that they let her stay on for a decent amount of time because they realize that social media plays a larger role in today's culture than it did when they were growing up.
I found it interesting and inspiring to hear the parents’ realization of this difference between generations.
Social media plays a big role, whether you want to admit it or not.
Throughout high school, my parents would always tell me to get off the computer, believing that I "wasted" so much time on it.
Sure I spent my fair share on Tumblr, Facebook and other sites, but I wasn't the only one.
It’s a part of the younger generation.
- The Difference 🔀 between like 😍 and Love 💝 ...
- What's the Difference 🔄 between Confidence 😊 and Arrogance 😏?
- The Difference between Dating in Your Teens and 20s ...
- 7 Major Differences between High School and College ...
- Quotes about Black Women 👩🏽👩🏾👩🏿 That Will Make You Love 💘 Your Melanin ...
- 8 Epic Goals Every Brilliant Woman Should Set for Herself 😍 🔝 👑 ...