One of my favorite things about the holiday 🎇 season is how much warmer, happier and more giving everyone can be. Now's the time ⏰ to focus on what really matters: Treating others with respect and kindness. One 1️⃣ of the ways we can do that is by expressing our gratitude not just to our family 👨👨👦👦 and friends but to total strangers too! An advent calendar 📆 is the perfect 👌 way to do this. The best part is that you can even continue checking ☑️ off this list well past New Year's. The truth is that we can all benefit from a little kindness 365 days a year.
Table of contents:
- leave a holiday greeting card 🎇 for your mail carrier 📧
- the next time you're grabbing coffee ☕, remember to pay it forward
- give a compliment to someone who looks like they could really use one 😚
- donate money, food 🍡 or your time 🕜 to your local shelter or soup kitchen 🍲
- leave sweet post-it notes around the house 🏠 for your partner to find
- thank your teacher or boss with a homemade gift
- bake treats for the homeless
- shovel your neighbor's driveway without being prompted
- smile 😊 at someone who looks like they could really use one 💙
- wash the dishes without being asked to
- let someone skip ⏩ you in line for the bus 🚌 or train
- leave extra change in the metrocard vending machine along with a note
- donate your gently worn clothes to your local shelter, goodwill or the salvation army
- donate supplies to an animal 🐰 shelter
- drop off toys at your local charity, old or new
- walk your neighbor's dog 🐶
- say thank you 🙏 to service workers stuck working the holiday season 🎅
- pass out cute sticker packs 💟 to the kids waiting in line to meet santa
- make a holiday card 🎇 and christmas treats 🍬 for your neighbor
- host a carol-oke night 🎤 at your house 🏣 and invite friends who are spending the holidays alone
- challenge 🆚 the neighborhood kids to a snowball fight
- thank your parents for everything they do for you 🤗
- leave positive notes on the train 🚅 for a stranger to find
- send a hug 👐 to someone you love
- thank a veteran for his or her service
1 Leave a Holiday Greeting Card 🎇 for Your Mail Carrier 📧
Give thanks where thanks is due. Your mail carrier 📫 is the reason why the cards ✉️ and gifts you ordered online made it safely to your family.
2 The Next Time You're Grabbing Coffee ☕, Remember to Pay It Forward
You never know who's day 🌞 you'll make.
3 Give a Compliment to Someone Who Looks like They Could Really Use One 😚
Spread the holiday cheer 🎅!
4 Donate Money, Food 🍡 or Your Time 🕜 to Your Local Shelter or Soup Kitchen 🍲
Help those in need have a warm and loving 💏 Christmas.
5 Leave Sweet Post-it Notes around the House 🏠 for Your Partner to Find
Waking up to a lovely note 💌 is a great way to start the morning.
6 Thank Your Teacher or Boss with a Homemade Gift
The gifts that come from the heart 💜 are the ones we usually remember and cherish.
7 Bake Treats for the Homeless
Bonus points if you drop them off with a blanket and holiday card 🎇.
8 Shovel Your Neighbor's Driveway without Being Prompted
You can turn this into a fun family competition 🏁 by betting on who shovels the most snow!
9 Smile 😊 at Someone Who Looks like They Could Really Use One 💙
I don't know if this is just me but seeing someone offer me a genuine smile usually breaks me out of my bad mood.
10 Wash the Dishes without Being Asked to
Your mom-grandma-aunt spent all day cooking. It's only fair that you help out by cleaning.
11 Let Someone Skip ⏩ You in Line for the Bus 🚌 or Train
You're all going the same place, right?
12 Leave Extra Change in the MetroCard Vending Machine along with a Note
Happy travels 🚌!
13 Donate Your Gently Worn Clothes to Your Local Shelter, Goodwill or the Salvation Army
This has the added bonus of freeing up some much-needed space in your closet.
14 Donate Supplies to an Animal 🐰 Shelter
How can you say no 👎 to those adorable 💟 faces?
15 Drop off Toys at Your Local Charity, Old or New
You'll be responsible for putting a smile 😀 on a little one's face.
16 Walk Your Neighbor's Dog 🐶
The weather is only getting colder ❄️. Why not do something nice for your elderly 👴 neighbor by walking his or her dog 🐶?
17 Say Thank You 🙏 to Service Workers Stuck Working the Holiday Season 🎅
Remember that while you are at home 👨👨👦👦 celebrating with your loved ❤️ ones, they're still out there braving the cold ⛄ (and crowds).
18 Pass out Cute Sticker Packs 💟 to the Kids Waiting in Line to Meet Santa
It doesn't get any sweeter than this!
19 Make a Holiday Card 🎇 and Christmas Treats 🍬 for Your Neighbor
20 Host a Carol-oke Night 🎤 at Your House 🏣 and Invite Friends Who Are Spending the Holidays Alone
This is my favorite way to get into the holiday spirit.
21 Challenge 🆚 the Neighborhood Kids to a Snowball Fight
You'll have the excuse of warming up with a cup of hot cocoa ☕ right after!
22 Thank Your Parents for Everything They do for You 🤗
This should happen every day but sadly, it doesn't. I know I am guilty of this.
23 Leave Positive Notes on the Train 🚅 for a Stranger to Find
All it takes is one positive comment to brighten someone's day 😀.
24 Send a Hug 👐 to Someone You Love
Making this is super easy!
25 Thank a Veteran for His or Her Service
Sometimes, a simple handshake or even just listening to them tell their story is enough.
Please rate this article